Hydro excavation is a modern and efficient method of excavation that involves using high-pressure water and air to remove soil and debris from the area to be excavated. This method is highly sought after in the construction and utility industries due to its precision and safety. Hydro excavation is a versatile and efficient method widely used in a variety of trenching, dirt work and hydrovac projects.
The hydro excavation process starts by using high-pressure water to loosen and break up the soil. The water and soil mixture is then vacuumed up and deposited into a holding tank, which allows the soil to be separated from any valuable utilities that may be present. The high-pressure water also helps to flush out any debris that may be in the soil, making it easier to remove.
One of the key benefits of hydro excavation is its accuracy. Unlike traditional excavation methods, hydro excavation allows for a much more precise excavation, reducing the risk of damage to underground utilities. This precision is especially important in situations where underground utilities need to be located and excavated around.
Another advantage of hydro excavation is its safety. It eliminates the need for heavy machinery and manual labor, reducing the risk of injury to workers. Additionally, the water and air used in the process help to reduce the amount of dust and debris generated, improving air quality and reducing the risk of respiratory issues for workers.
All underground services will at some stage require location, maintenance and repair. Hydro excavating is the safest, most cost effective and environmentally friendly method of excavation available in the pipeline and power industries today. Hydro excavation simply uses pressurized water to dig pothole or trench, reducing the risk of line strikes or damage to known and unknown underground infrastructures.
As premier hydro excavation professionals, the Bully Industrial team works tirelessly to ensure problems are quickly identified, located and then safely excavated so necessary repairs can be performed in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Our improved production services mitigate project delays, reducing our clients’ expenses. We believe in and stand by the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient services.
About the Hydro Excavation
Hydro excavation is a modern, efficient and safe method of excavation that provides a variety of benefits over traditional excavation methods. Hydro excavation is a valuable tool that can help improve the accuracy and safety of any excavation project such as:
- Trenching, or digging trenches
- Dirt work, preparing land for construction
- Hydrovac projects to remove soil with high-pressure water and vacuum suction
Call For a Quote:
Hydro excavation is a safe and efficient alternative to traditional excavation methods. It offers a range of benefits, including increased safety, reduced damage to underground utilities, improved efficiency, increased accuracy and a more environmentally friendly option.
What is Hydro Excavation?
Hydro excavation is a non-destructive method of excavation that uses high-pressure water and air to break up and remove soil, rocks, and other materials. It is a safe and efficient alternative to traditional excavation methods, such as mechanical digging, that can damage underground utilities and other structures.
What are the benefits of Hydro Excavation?
- Increased Safety: Hydro excavation is a safer alternative to traditional excavation methods, as it eliminates the need for manual digging and reduces the risk of injury to workers.
- Reduced Damage to Underground Utilities: The high-pressure water and air used in hydro excavation helps to precisely locate and avoid underground utilities, reducing the risk of damage.
- Improved Efficiency: Hydro excavation is faster and more efficient than traditional excavation methods, reducing the amount of time and resources required for a job.
- Increased Accuracy: Hydro excavation allows for precise excavation, reducing the risk of damage to underground utilities and other structures.
- Environmentally Friendly: Hydro excavation produces less waste and produces fewer emissions than traditional excavation methods, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
What types of projects is Hydro Excavation used for?
Hydro excavation is commonly used for a variety of projects, including:
- Utility and infrastructure installations and repairs
- Pipeline installations and repairs
- Excavation for building foundations
- Digging for underground storage tanks
- Excavation for retaining walls
- Digging for landscaping projects
What equipment is needed for Hydro Excavation?
Hydro excavation requires a water pump, a high-pressure water hose, and an air compressor. Additionally, a vacuum truck or a vacuum excavation unit may be used to remove the material that has been loosened by the high-pressure water. Bully Industrial uses the most up-to-date equipment and our team is fully trained in the latest hydro excavation techniques.
Is Hydro Excavation more expensive than traditional excavation methods?
The cost of hydro excavation can vary depending on the size and complexity of the project. In general, hydro excavation is more expensive than traditional excavation methods. However, the increased efficiency and safety of hydro excavation can offset the higher initial cost over time. Use our online estimate form to get a better understanding of your project’s scope.
Do you need special training to perform Hydro Excavation?
Yes, hydro excavation requires specialized training and certification to operate the equipment and perform the work safely and effectively. It is important to work with a trained and experienced hydro excavation contractor like Bully Industrial to ensure the job is done correctly. Read more about our safety and compliance.